||Expected Starting date:
Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Médecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Afrin, the Facility Manager is under the line management of the Field Coordinator.
- Main Responsibilities
- Project Management
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement & Logistic Management
- Other related tasks
- Represent DDD to the relevant local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Participate and represent DDD in meetings in related field;
- Gather information and updates on any new regulations or updates in related matters for the activities;
- Facilitate visits by authorities and donors;
- Adhere to the referral system of “Service Mapping” with other actors in the field as DDD focal point;
- Maintain updated records of all the activities with other actors;
- Collect information and propose new possible actor and their services;
- Participate in the need identification;
- Organise teams to develop continuous monitoring of the needs;
- Define team schedules and work plans in cooperation and under direction of Field Coordinator and in close technical collaboration with relevant departments;
- Follow-up on day to day activities. Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities.
- Ensure all project services component are implemented and interact with each other in a positive and effective;
- Maintain and update map of project activities;
- Participate to projects and strategy planning meetings and providing inputs.
- Assist the line manager, MHPSS Officer and Medical focal person on monthly project activities;
- Build a positive and effective team dynamic and communication;
- Mediate tensions and dispute in a fair and responsible manner;
- Maintain regular follow-up of HR processes in collaboration with Admin/HR team;
- Prepare allocation schedules for translators/interpreters according to project needs and priorities;
- Communicate with the line manager and Head Quarter’s team for needs of support and training;
Logistics and Procurement
- Prepare allocation schedules for vehicles according to project needs and priorities in coordination with logistic department.
- Coordinate project and logistic teams to ensure adequate logistics arrangements for daily activities;
- Maintain regular follow-up of funding and procurement needs;
- Ensure procurement process and validations are understood and respected by all, in collaboration with logistic department;
- Focal point as requester for logistic procurement demands related to activities and maintenance of project facility;
- Ensure that the logistics staff make sure that all consumables, stationery and equipment are sufficient and relevant to the project services and activities;
- Review the assets of the centre and keep an updated record in direct communication with the logistic department;
- Maintain update archives for each of the activities and Admin/HR requirements in the clinic in a safe place on a hard copy and soft copy, and make sure that the access of those files is done by authorised personnel only “e.g. Beneficiaries files”.
- Provide report on visits from the authorities and donors and ensure recommendations are considered following theses visits;
- Report any issues related to activities implementation (facility management, authorities support activities, etc.);
- Report findings from the need’s identification;
- Facilitate weekly data monitoring reports;
- Contribute to donor reporting related to project activities;
- Any other report requested by line manager;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
- Represent and actively participate in any relevant meetings, as requested by Programme Manager;
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
- Ability to travel and relocate if it is requested;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Knowledge & Qualification
- BA or Diploma certification in business administration or medical fields.
- Experience of more than 3 years in Humanitarian field with experience in managing clinics or hospitals.
- Required: <<Arabic>> (oral and written)
- Required: <<English>> (oral and written)
- Preferred: <<Turkish>> (Oral) is a plus.
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
Intellectual & Physical
- Flexibility, creativity, anticipation, adaptability and capacity to take initiatives
- Good organizational skills.
- Very good communication skills.
Strategic and Long-Term Impact
- Ability to manage working under pressure
- Work autonomously with less supervision
- Very good knowledge in financial management.
- Very good sense of security and safety.
Team Management & Delegation
- Good management, communication skills and can delegate needed tasks.
- Able to monitor staff capacity building.
- Promote staff for specific trainings if needed.
- Able to represent the organisation in a very good manner with local authorities.
- Build good relationships with stakeholder.
Closeness to beneficiaries
- Keep very close distance to beneficiaries to see their needs.
- Able to communicate with beneficiaries in a very respectful manner.
Communication & Information flow
- Strong communication and reporting skills and respect for the organizational hierarchy.
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.