||Expected Starting date:
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya Office-Hatay, the Field Coordinator will be directly supervised by the Program Director Syria.
S/He is responsible for Afrin (4 Clinics)and directly manages:
- Medical Referent
- Finance Manager
- Field team (including medical staff, logistics, admin and human resources)
- Logistic team
- Main Responsibilities
- Human Resources Management
- Security Management
- Liaison & Representation
- Other related tasks
- Function Details
- Project Management
- Ensure the implementation of the program and its follow-up on operational and support aspects;
- Continuously assess the needs and adjust the programs to the needs in collaboration with his/her team, if necessary;
- Draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant teams;
- Follow up project implementation and ensure projects indicators, activities and management are in line with donor and organisational standards;
- Develop and implement monitoring and capacity enhancement tools;
- Report evidence of breaches in access to healthcare (e.g. humanitarian access, attacks on health facilities and personnel) to feed in advocacy messages;
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring all projects are compliant with these and DDD internal procedures;
- Ensure appropriate support services systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to;
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary;
- Responsible for accurate budget control and follow up, and overall responsibility for financial management at the project site in line with project proposals;
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to the Finance Coordinator and develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure at project level;
- Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the well-being of all team members;
- Where relevant, contribute to recruitment and selection of national staff;
- Responsible for national staff disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when issues arise;
- Support team members professionally and monitor and support stress management;
- Carry out appraisals as per DDD standard requirements and procedures;
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed;
- Responsible for capacity building and training of national personnel;
- Monitor human resources compliance with DDD HR process and report any concerns to the Admin/HR Coordinator;
- Conduct regular team meetings;
- Security Management
- Ensure team security and safety in a highly changeable and volatile security environment in collaboration with the Coordination Office team;
- Proactively monitor the political, military and security situation in the project areas and update Programme Coordinator accordingly;
- Ensure appropriate security guidelines are developed, communicated, adhered to, and regularly reviewed with Coordination Team;
- Ensure timely and accurate security / incident reports are sent to the Head Quarter/Country Security Focal person;
- Liaison and Representation
- Carry out representation and active operational and strategic coordination with other NGOs, UN agencies, local and national government bodies, donors and other relevant parties;
- Participate on a regular basis to all relevant meetings and be collaborative and build a strong relationship with all stakeholders in the area;
- Provide monthly programme coordination report;
- Ensure regular contacts with Programme Coordinator;
- Participate to proposals & reports to donors
- Document team meetings;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Other tasks related to the position
- Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD programs;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Int’l Affairs, Public Policy, Social Work, etc.). Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years related non-profit work experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian aid and program management.
- Previous international personal or professional experience would be a plus;
- Required: English, Turkish, Arabic (oral and written);
IT & Equipment
- Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and file sharing software;
Intellectual & Physical
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation;
Communication & Information flow
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary;
General Qualities required:
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.