MISSION PHARMACIST – ANTAKYA
||Expected Starting date:
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
- Job Brief
The mission pharmacist is responsible of the pharmacy department of DDD in Turkey/Syria. He/ She is responsible of the quality and respect of the DDD procedures for stock management (DDD and Partners) and donation inside project (North Syria components). He/ She is responsible of the training and providing ad hoc support to DDD and partners’ pharmacists and medical staff dealing with medical stocks in different projects.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the Mission Pharmacist reports directly to the Medical Coordinator .
- Essential Duties
- Training/Capacity building
- Project quality and project monitoring
- Stock management
- Other duties:
- Other Duties
- Training/Capacity building
- He/ She is in charge of the stock management training of medical and non-medical staff involved in stock management (direct or by delegation) inside Syria or in Turkey.
- He/ She is in charge of training on SAGASTOCK.
- He/ She participates to the coordination between logistician and pharmacy team.
- Project quality and project monitoring
- He /She is in charge of the application and follows up of guidelines/ protocols (stock management, donation inside…) as international quality standards.
- He /She is in charge to support the Field Coordinators in procurement plans for drugs and consumables needed in the project.
- He /She participates to the writing of the protocols/ procedures for the DDD project if needed.
- He/ She is in charge of the follow up on indicators related to pharmacy management for donors/HQ.
- He/ She is in charge of any weekly/monthly report:
- analysis of consumption,
- Donation inside report (shipments follow up, kits follow up…)
- He/ She can participate under request in the writing of donor’s proposal, and activities reports.
- He/ She works on needs forecast with the medical coordinator.
- Stock management
- He /She supervises SAGASTOCK use and compiles data of the backups send from Syria pharmacists.
- He in charge of the technical support needed from Syria and Turkey teams regarding the stock management.
- He /She analyses SAGASTOCK data in coordination with pharmacists and medical team.
- He verifies drug/consumable order prepared by medical managers and supervisors before to send for validation to medical coordinator
- He /She verifies the rationality of the medical requests.
- Logistic support:
- He /She is in charge of technical support for the logistic purchaser during the purchase cycle.
- He /She works closely with logistic team (participate when physical check is needed, follow the reception of the goods, and follow the shipments to partners…)
- He /She supports DDD and partner pharmacists on field (re-packaging of the shipments inside Syria, packaging of kits…)
- He /She is in charge to provide the technical specifications to establish a warehouse for medical items according to quality standards and to provide all the relevant tools (stock cards, temperature control cards….)
- He /She is in charge of ensuring the respect of the master list validated by DDD HQ for all the medical orders to be placed.
- He /She participates in any supplier’s assessment upon request from Medical coordinator or logistic coordinator.
- She/he will assist the Medical Coordinator in providing sufficient and detailed information for activity reporting and evaluation;
- To report accurately to the Medical Coordinator on Pharmacies activities, participate in the Monitoring of the project, and produce relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his line manager;
- She/he will ensure that each of her/his sessions is documented to comply with donor audit requirements.
- Participate in the evaluations for the pharmacists and pharmacist assistant.
- Upon request conduct stock management training for partners’ pharmacist.
- Keep DDD team informed on any logistical issues.
- Supporting operational organization of field trips and DDD programs/activities.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacological studies or pharmacy certificate.
- At least 3 years of working experience in INGOs or NGOs in pharmacies management positions within the Syrian context or other relevant positions .
- Fluent, oral and written, in Arabic and English is mandatory. Turkish will be an asset.
Professional experience and Skills
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook)
- Personal qualities as diplomacy, patient confidentiality, multi-cultural flexibility, stress management and a strong sense of integrity
- To be receptive, sensitive and an excellent listener
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions.
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.