PROJECT MANAGER – YENİKAPI
||Expected Starting date:
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in İstanbul, the Project Manager is under the line management of the Project Field Coordinator.
- Main Responsibilities
- Context Follow-up
- Representation / Coordination with Field Actors
- Follow-up of Program
- Other Duties
- Function Details
- Follow contextual development in Istanbul area (and more and Yenikapi/Kumkapi) and prepare a monthly update for the monthly reporting;
- Assess continuously the humanitarian situation in the field, participate to the development of assessment plans and templates and ensure that findings are documented in relevant reports;
- Inform Project Field Coordinator immediately in case of any incident that may have an impact on the security of DDD team or partners, and propose adjustment to the security plans as needed;
- Update legal context and provide presentation and reports on a regular basis about changes;
- Organize weekly team meetings with facility managers and provide update on context in the weekly team meetings. Maintain agendas and minutes of the meetings and share them with coordination team and field team;
- Mapping of field actors in DDD activities area and updating the information. Prepare Map profiles of the services in Istanbul area and update it regularly;
- Propose new ideas and modalities to improve the project activities implementation considering contextual and legal developments.
- Representation / Coordination with Field Actors
- Ensure regular meetings, visit and contact are happening with:
- field authorities’ actors in all relevant departments according to activities developed (Governorate, Municipalities, Health, Education, Family and social policy, Migration, Police), in close coordination with Project Field Coordinator,
- Other NGOs and agencies according to their size and activities (UN agencies/offices, Turkish red Crescent, local and international NGOs),
- Other proximity services, with the support of technical teams (hospitals, community centers, registration services, public facilities).
- Advocate for DDD program development according to beneficiaries needs, human rights and project and coordination priorities;
- Facilitate and relay demands from beneficiaries and local actors taking into account beneficiary needs, and propose program adjustment when necessary to take demands into account;
- Organize meetings with coordination team and field team to ensure activities are adapted to context and respect technical standards;
- In coordination with coordination office and Project Field Coordinator, facilitate and organize visits from national authorities and donors (schedule, preparation, reporting), and ensure recommendations are taken into account following theses visits.
- Follow-up and responsible about all activities in project and proper implementation according to DDD guidelines and donor’s requests. Reporting any issues related to activities implementation (facility management, authorities support activities, beneficiaries’ services). Update follow-up tools regularly;
- Maintaining Partnership MoUs and updating the drafts for renewal based on understandings and developments of the projects;
- Conduct monitoring visits to monitor the implementation of the projects and assess evolution of migrant’s conditions;
- Contribute to proposal and project report writings;
- Maintaining the map of project activities and updating it accordingly;
- Participate to projects and strategy planning meetings and providing inputs;
- Represent Project Field Coordinator in meetings when requested;
- Communicate with Project Field Coordinator and coordination team for needs of support and training.
- Follow all financial transactions and coordinate directly with finance coordinator for filling up needed forms and managing cash boxes in the project.
- Coordinating among program staff, log and finance teams to ensure adequate logistics arrangements for all the shipments and daily activities;
- Represent Project Field Coordinator with partners and following up on the procurement, finance, program and any other issue;
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and carry out appraisals as per DDD standard requirements and procedures.
- Preparing monthly context “admin, activity wise and financial” report in coordination with Project Field Coordinator;
- Compiling monthly project activities report and submitting to Coordination Technical service and Project Field Coordinator;
- Collecting monthly data and submitting to Coordination Technical service and Project Field Coordinator;
- Contributing to donor reporting related to project activities;
- Follow up and Evaluation report for the MEAL Department and making sure that the targets are followed.
- Any other report requested by Project Field Coordinator.
- To perform any additional duties requested by the Project Field Coordinator.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification
- University degree in any related field (Public Administration, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, etc.)
- 4 years experience in similar position
- Required: English, French (oral and written)
- Preferred: Turkish
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package (Especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.