LOGISTICS MANAGER – SYRIA
|Expected Starting date:
|| Fixed Term
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, poverty or exclusion.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is part of Doctors of the World international network. Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements has taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
The conflict between the Syrian army and opposition resulted in the death and casualties of thousands of people, massive displacements of populations within the country and into neighbouring countries. The DDD´s Turkey / Syria mission gradually grew around three main objectives:
- Provision of Primary Health Care services and sexual and reproductive health services to target population in Syria and Turkey
- Provide emergency medical relief/support through referrals in the areas of intervention in Syria
- Provide Mental Health and Psychosocial support to target population
In Afrin, DDD is preparing an intervention to assist population in need by providing health services.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Syria, Logistics Manager is under the line management of the Field Coordinator and technical advice of Logistics Coordinator.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising all supply chain management matter related to project implementation by local partners and make sure all process is done accordingly with basic logistics standard and partner’s manual.
- Communicate with field coordinator and Logistics coordinator if there are any concern related to supply chain management issue.
- Act upon submission of a dully approved Purchase Request. Educate and support customers to ensure timely submission of approved PRs with sufficient details, realistic delivery target date.
- Carry out market analysis, record suppliers, collect relevant documentation.
- Maintain suppliers’ individual files with relevant administrative documentation. Maintain supplier tracking sheet.
- Use lists of recommended suppliers provided by UN agencies, other NGOs. Able to explain why selected suppliers have been invited to bid.
- Implements competitive bidding following DDD procurement thresholds (Request for Quote, National open Tender, International open Tender if applicable). Assess thresholds against total value of procurement line per grant for the entire duration of the grant.
- Collect quotes and prepare bid summary for further review and approval.
- Depending on selected process, draft Request for Quotes, launch bidding process, collect quotes in sealed envelopes, evaluate offers in tender committee, proposes recommended supplier, record and implement committee conclusion.
- Negotiate business terms and conditions, prices, quality to DDD benefit. Draft Purchase orders and collect approval. Collect supplier’s signature on all Purchase Order pages and provide copy of PO to supplier.
- Be informed upcoming deliveries and provide copy of PO for control against specifications and quantities.
- Receive invoice and control against original order, advance payments/instalments already delivered.
- For goods: Facilitate delivery of orders to the office of the site of payment and collect Good Received Note.
- For services: Facilitate delivery of services, collect memo from most technically sound DDD personnel for completion validation. Ensure period of guaranty, aftersales service is mentioned.
- Attach GRN (goods receiving notes) to procurement file with supplier’s invoice and transfer file to finance for payment.
- Ensure delivery till final destination.
- Supervision of vehicles movements from different locations to different destinations
- identify and rent trucks/vehicles as per DDD Rental Procedures. Ensure the trucks/vehicles are clean and in good mechanical condition
- Raise issues to your supervisor on security-related transport issues, such as booking in/out, driver’s penalty, etc., and assist with addressing them.
- Support weekly planning for staff movement and ensuring all movements are supported by authorized Travel Request forms
- Works with the Finance / Admin Assistant to ensure monthly reconciliation of fuel invoices and submission to Finance for payment
- Ensures all documents are filed per the DDD standardized filing system and audit monthly
- Ensure all documents are files per DDD standard filing systems
- Supervise, manage staff under your supervision with integrity and foresight. Actively seek advice on HR procedures and policies to ensure that the highest standards of accountability and professionalism are upheld.
- Make frequent discussion with staff supervised by you, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered.
- Ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and/or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Provide input to the recruitment, selection and performance of logistics staff, as required.
- Advocate and plan for professional development for yourself, and any staff supervised by you.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you and your supervised staff.
- Make sure that all reports for logistics are submitted to Field co and Logistics co on time.
- Given the nature of this position and the working conditions in Syria, additional tasks may be assigned by senior line management at any time based on the needs of the mission.
- Make sure that all contracts are tracked and payments are submitted on time.
- Ensure smooth reception of DDD shipments at the Border Gate, and supervise log support needed for shipment delivery process inside Syria.
- Ensure the production of monthly and yearly inventory of assets and equipment.
- Develop a proper internal control system to limit any risk of theft, loss and deterioration;
- Rationalize the procurement, maintenance and use of IT and other equipment in order to limit expenses on this sector.
- To coordinate with other departments to ensure DDD program runs smoothly inside Syria.
- To coordinate with Actors in regarding borders crossing points (BCP) to perform cross border activities and proceed with any requested documentations.
- To participate actively to Logistics meetings/workshops and Information sharing proceed (clusters, NGO meetings, roundtable, etc.)
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
- Expected profile
Education & Qualification
- University degree in social sciences or business administration or any related filed.
- Minimum 5 years experienced in Humanitarian Logistics / Supply Chain sector.
- University degree in social sciences or business administration or any related filed.
- Management experience including capacity building.
Skills and qualities required
- A proactive person with initiative and drive, honesty with a high level of integrity; a team-player with good planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under a diverse condition which may change quickly requiring flexibility
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Diplomacy and open-mindedness;
- Good analytical skills;
- Required: Proficiency in English and Arabic; both written and oral,
- Turkish is an asset.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) Offers
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Opportunity to take initiative and realise your ideas;
- Training opportunities;
- Full-time contract.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
6.How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.