||Expected Starting date:
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, poverty or exclusion.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is part of Doctors of the World international network. Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements has taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
The conflict between the Syrian army and opposition resulted in the death and casualties of thousands of people, massive displacements of populations within the country and into neighbouring countries. The DDD´s Turkey / Syria mission gradually grew around three main objectives:
- Provision of Primary Health Care services and sexual and reproductive health services to target population in Syria and Turkey
- Provide emergency medical relief/support through referrals in the areas of intervention in Syria
- Provide Mental Health and Psychosocial support to target population
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the Grant Manager is under the line management of the Programme Coordinator for Syria. Close functional links with MEAL and Operations/Programme, other departments and Grants Management units in external partners and the Organization’s Network according to established procedures.
The Grants Manager will directly supervises the Reporting Officer.
- Main Responsibilities
- Proposal writing
- Grants Management and Supervision
- Donor Reporting
- Internal and External Communication
- Other related tasks
- Function Details
- Proactive engagement with donors and funding opportunities;
- In collaboration with relevant units/staff and in line with internal organizational set procedures, lead drafting process of concept notes, technical proposals, whilst ensuring consistency and quality throughout, including log-frame;
- In collaboration with Communications/Liaison unit assure necessary consultations with national stakeholders during drafting process;
- Assure adherence and coherence with national regulations and relevant/applicable standards;
- Whenever relevant, attend Donors meetings/visits, record and disseminate the information shared;
- Support the line manager in preparing training modules on proposal/reporting duties for field staff and partners;
- Grants Management and Supervision
- Serve as focal/resource person for donor rules and regulations;
- Provide technical supervision at DDD level in terms of donor compliance and grant management and ensure that all program and support department staff are aware of requirements and conditions of grant agreements, including by providing a help-desk on donor related rules and regulations and delivering trainings
- Ensure systematic adherence to donors’ guidelines, compliance and strategic orientations;
- Ensure consistency, quality and coherence between narrative and budget proposals in coordination with Finance unit;
- Support in the production of partnership agreements, supervising the compliance between financial and technical aspects and general partnership management;
- Provide guidance on donor rules and regulations during project implementation and reporting processes;
- Advise on compliance issues with contracts/protocols/agreements in place implicating DDD
- Work closely with Communication/Liaison Manager to assure coherence with national regulations, rules and laws;
- Keep track of and report on applicable standards (international and national);
- Develop an accountability strategy and supervise its implementation at program level
- Continuously apply learning, innovations and best practices from project evaluations, field visit reports and project reports (both internal and external, including other NGO and donors) to new proposals
- Document, analyze, and share lessons learned from proposal writing, reporting and donor compliance processes
- Ensure key controls are in place for effective management of funding portfolio and donor compliance
- Track, summarize and periodically inform in advance on all donor reporting requirements or partners according to existing contractual obligations of DDD;
- Lead report drafting process in collaboration with all relevant departments and in line with set internal procedures;
- Ensure timely preparation, review and provision of detailed and quality reports on program progress to donors
- Ensure success stories are systematically shared by the communications unit and incorporated into donor reports
- Support monitoring and assist program teams with implementation or donor compliance challenges
- Facilitate information sharing and reporting with internal and external audiences
- Contribute to update and validate the information sharing with donors (updates on programs, partnerships etc.);
- Support the preparation of M&E Reports that contain summary data, reviewing overall performance against targets and making overall recommendations, including best practices identified and lessons learnt;
- Assist MEAL Department to ensure that data reported by Field Coordinators meets the dimensions of data quality i.e. reliability, accuracy, timeliness, completeness and integrity;
- Internal and External Communication
- Ensure proper filing (soft and hard copies) of all project documentation in the mission;
- Oversee production and proper dissemination of internal reports (SitRep and others);
- Assist MEAL Department to organize the regular production of Program Communication Document such as maps, briefing, videos;
- Assist MEAL Department to Produce data for communication purpose (Regional Dashboard, Snapshot etc.);
- Provide regular reporting on activities to the line-manager (bilateral meeting etc.);
- Provide a Mission report and/or Handover document at the end of the assignment.
- Other tasks related to the position
- Participate in internal work meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD programs;
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences, Politics, Humatarian with significant relevant work experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with donors;
- Proven experience of reporting and proposal writing;
- Knowledge of contracts management;
- Knowledge of health/protection humanitarian programming;
- Knowledge of donor mechanisms; knowledge of donor compliance is an advantage;
- Required: English is mandatory (oral and written)
- Arabic and Turkish is an advantage;
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.