PROGRAMME COORDINATOR TURKEY
||DDD Head Quarter, Istanbul
||Expected Starting date:
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty or exclusion. It seeks to stimulate and enlist voluntary commitment from medical and health care providers, and those with expertise in other fields.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is part of Doctors of the World international network. Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements have taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
In Afrin, DDD is preparing an intervention to assist population in need by providing health services.
- Hierarchical & Functional links
The Programme Coordinator reports directly to the Operations Director. S/he manages directly the Turkey Programme Team (currently):
- 1 Field Coordinator based in Antakya
- 1 Field Coordinator based in Istanbul
- 1 Field Coordinator based in Izmir
- Main Responsibilities
- Programme Coordination
- Team Management and Capacity Building
- Function Details
- Actively engage in representation activities to increase DDD visibility;
- Participate in cluster meetings at national and local level;
- Liaise with operational and institutional partners at National Level (INGOs, NGOs, Authorities), upon line manager’s request;
- Represent DDD towards INGOs/NGOs for potential new partnerships;
- Represent DDD towards donors and other stakeholders;
- Participate in advocacy and communication operations organised by the organisation;
- Programme Coordination (35%)
- Ensure the intervention abide by DDD mandate, values and internal rules; to local cultural and legal rules;
- Ensure all team members respect DDD’s policies (Code of Conduct, Anti-Abuse Policy, etc.);
- Contribute to improve/redefine DDD’s operational strategy in Turkey and to ensure new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented at field level;
- Ensure good communication –coordination– information level between the various DDD Programme and team members through regular coordination and bilateral meetings;
- Regular visits to Field Offices;
- Contribute to improve DDD partnership strategy & develop, in collaboration with Field & Technical Coordinators, partnership capacity improvement plans & operational guidelines for project implementation;
- Closely collaborate, promote and facilitate the intervention of the Technical Unit in order to contribute to improve the quality of DDD activities;
- Ensure the provision of regular feedback at field level on key facts and related decision following analysis of programme performance;
- Monitor the evolving humanitarian situation in the country and at international level; and consider strategic and immediate responses in coordination with the Field Coordinators, the Operations Director and DDD President;
- Lead the response to emergencies together with the Field Coordinator involved;
- Team Management and Capacity Building (35%)
- Ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by staff under line management;
- Support and advise team in the implementation of the projects;
- Responsible for the well-being of all team members; conduct regular team building activities; monitor and support stress management, including regular documented team meetings for planning and reporting purposes;
- Participate in the recruitment of key international and national staff positions;
- Concerned and aware of personal and professional evolution of each staff member, and its development within the mission;
- Ensure conflict resolution (personal and professional) within team members;
- Propose relevant adaptation of the mission organisational chart; and contribute to its implementation (job descriptions, etc.), in collaboration with the Operations Director;
- Contribute to ensure a progressive nationalisation of expatriate project positions throughout the period (action plan, milestone, etc.);
- Support staff in their management duty: coordination meetings, individual appraisals, etc.;
- Gap filling of Field Coordinators, when necessary;
- Ensure team briefing and follow up, including security and programme briefings for new arrivals;
- Participate in the regular staff evaluations and training plan;
- Provide regular reporting of activities to the line manager upon his/her solicitation (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.);
- Contribute to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing relevant data related to position and team activities (consolidation of information from team members);
- Support production of proposals (mainly by defining its content at operations and technical level) and reporting towards donor and authorities, led by M&E Coordinator;
- Provide weekly security updates to your line manager when required;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (International Affairs, Public Policy, Social Work, etc.)
- Master’s degree preferred
- 8-10 years related non-profit work experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian aid and program management.
- Previous international personal or professional experience in INGO´s is mandatory.
- Required: English.
- Turkish, Arabic (oral and written) are an asset.
IT & Equipment
- Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and file sharing software;
Intellectual & Physical
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation;
Communication & Information flow
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary;
General Qualities required:
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programmes, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.