||Expected Starting date:
- Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a humanitarian, impartial and independent non-governmental organisation based in Turkey, facilitating access to health care to populations affected by armed conflicts, internal violence, poverty or exclusion.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running projects aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Mental Health & Psychosocial Support and Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation services to the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is part of Doctors of the World international network. Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Since the beginning of the Syrian and Iraqi crises, a massive influx of external population movements has taken place through the Turkish border into inside Turkey. Over 3 million refugees, migrants & asylum seekers are currently hosted in Turkey which led to an increasing demand for health services and put a serious burden on the system. A need arose for permanent health facilities to provide services; and hence improve access to the services to a large number of refugees and migrants.
In this context, Dünya Doktorları Derneği’s intervention aims at assisting the local public health system in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul provinces.
The conflict between the Syrian army and opposition resulted in the death and casualties of thousands of people, massive displacements of populations within the country and into neighbouring countries. The DDD´s Turkey / Syria mission gradually grew around three main objectives:
- Provision of Primary Health Care services and sexual and reproductive health services to target population in Syria and Turkey
- Provide emergency medical relief/support through referrals in the areas of intervention in Syria
- Provide Mental Health and Psychosocial support to target population
- Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the MHPSS Manager is under the line management of the Technical Coordinator for Syria and has the MHPSS Coordinator as technical referent.
- Main Responsibilities
- Local Programming of MHPSS Activities
- Technical Oversight of MHPSS teams
- Coordination with Services and Relevant Partners
- Community Connection and Protection Monitoring
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of Activities
- Organizational Development
- Other Duties
- Function Details
Local Programming of MHPSS Activities
- Lead the planning and oversee MHPSS program activities in the project area, in coordination with MHPSS Co and FieldCo, ensuring activities respond to MHPSS standards, are meaningful for the needs of the population, culturally appropriate, and are effectively conducted
- Together with MHPSS Co, establish and follow workplan for MHPSS activities, considering general and specific needs and the advancement of DDD’s MHPSS activities relevant for refugees
- Work closely with Facility Managers, Field Coordinator, MHPSS Supervisors and Coordinator, to ensure a unified strategy and coordinated actions.
Technical Oversight of MHPSS teams
- Provide technical leadership to the MHPSS field teams, and be the technical referent for MHPSS supervisors of Syria field teams in İdlib and Afrin
- Create and update job profiles of MHPSS staff and participate actively in recruitment processes
- Conduct regular need assessment with field staff and coordinate with MHPSS supervisors to ensure that training, supervision, and staff care is adjusted to the needs of field staff and programs
- Lead regular technical meetings of field teams and ensure adequate communication flow among team and with coordination on all matters relevant to the delivery of MHPSS services
- Ensure good communication among team is in place, and internal referral paths are established, in order to provide client-centered care.
Coordination with Services and Relevant Partners
- Seek out and build relationships with civic, religious, and security force leaders throughout the community; advocate for mental health initiatives; develop partnerships that can increase the reach and scope of MHPSS service delivery
- Ensure up to date service mapping for project locations is in place and referral pathways are established, act as DDD focal point for coordination with other service providers
- Represent DDD and ensure good relations with all stakeholders
- Organize with DDD’s communication department for any necessary communications with authorities
- Participate in communication with relevant partners to highlight the needs and issues affecting the well-being and access to rights of refugee communities in Turkey.
Community Connection and Protection Monitoring
- In coordination with field teams, keep up to date about the main protection issues facing the beneficiary communities and keep coordination with MHPSS Co and FiedCo to enhance institutional knowledge, advocacy and external coordination regarding such issues
- Propose and implement programming changes that reflect the needs of beneficiaries
- Provide the MHPSS input into community needs assessments
- Ensure that field teams establish strong links with community groups and have good knowledge and understanding of the beneficiary communities in project areas
- In collaboration with Community Health Workers (CHW) supervisor, ensuring systems are in place for effective community health work including in the following components: 1) bridging reciprocal communication between services and the community, 2) identifying people in need of health, mental health or psychosocial care, 3) facilitating their access to DDD and other services, 4) conducting general health and mental health promotion activities, and 5) supporting DDD in monitoring and seeking response to general issues facing the population.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate in program design through feedback surveys and focus group discussions or other methods of participatory planning.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of Activities
- Work in collaboration with the MEAL department to ensure adequate data collection is in place, respecting client confidentiality, and responding to established reporting systems for all MHPSS activities
- Ensure client records for case follow-up are being used effectively, safeguarding client confidentiality, and responding to case follow-up needs
- Regular follow up on data collection and making sure of monitoring tools and satisfaction surveys are collected regularly
- Ensure analysis of data and produce monthly data and narrative reports of MHPSS activities, and other reports as necessary
- İn programming activities, consider budget requirements and support the relevant departments by inputting in budget forecasts and other financial requirements as necessary
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented.
- Participate in identifying mental health and psychosocial support needs and contribute to proposal writing
- Participate in the strategy development of the project and of DDD
- Develop and contribute to MHPSS related guidance documents and Standard Operation Procedures
- Develop communication materials relevant to MHPSS activities.
- Participate in internal and external work meetings
- Report any security related issues to the line manager
- Support operational organization of field trips and DDD activities
- Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
- Expected profile
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Masters degree in Psychology, or Bachelor with significant relevant work experience;
- Minimum 3 years working to support refugee or displaced communities in Turkey or Syria;
- Strong understanding of the situation and protection issues facing the populations served by the project;
- Sound understanding of MHPSS, gender and protection guidelines and principles;
- Extensive experience in MHPSS and humanitarian programs, including experience of leading and mentoring staff, delivering training and capacity building, supervision, recruitment processes, etc;
- Preferred experience in reporting and familiarity with monitoring and evaluation systems for MHPSS programs;
- Advanced English level is required,
- Arabic is strongly valued,
- Turkish is an advantage.
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- How to apply:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.